The 19th-century building, which once belonged to the Russian diplomat Alexander Polovtsev, has become the home to the State Museum of Applied Arts of Uzbekistan since 1937. The museum holds more than 7,000 precious artifacts (pottery, porcelain, gold embroidery, carpets, paintings, textiles, costumes and jewelry) made by the best artisans of the country. The exhibition includes the most valuable products from all over the country, collected from the middle of the 19th century until the present day. The entire collection is divided into 20 subject items. Very interesting is the decor of the building: the interior is decorated with wood and gypsum carvings by Uzbek masters. The museum often holds exhibitions and sale of works by contemporary artists of Uzbekistan.